Our diabetes educators help patients diagnosed with type 2 diabetes adjust to their new reality. Services include a comprehensive diabetes assessment incorporating all health issues, medications, lifestyle concerns, and health beliefs.
Through individual consultations and group classes, our skilled educators address a variety of topics including lifestyle changes, meal planning, how to monitor blood glucose, and medication management, including injectable medications and insulin pump therapy. Diabetes education also addresses blood sugar patterns, how physical activity affects blood sugar, potential complications from diabetes, stress and depression, and other topics associated with a diagnosis of type 2 diabetes.
- Comprehensive diabetes assessment by a Registered Nurse trained in diabetes management and a Registered Dietitian
- Personalized dietary recommendations
- Individualized exercise recommendations
- Blood glucose pattern management
- Weekly review of blood sugars and assistance adjusting medication doses under guidance of your own physician