Berkshire North WIC (Women, Infants and Children) is a supplemental food program whose mission is to support the nutritional health of pregnant and breastfeeding women, infants, and children under 5 years old in Northern Berkshire County.
Berkshire Health North WIC services include:
- Personalized nutrition consultations
- Checks to buy free, healthy food
- Tips for eating well to improve health
- Referrals for medical and dental care, health insurance, child care, housing and fuel assistance, and other services that may benefit the whole family
- Issuance of farmer’s market checks in the summer
- Immunization screenings and referrals
- Breastfeeding support
- Nutrition and health workshops on topics including meal planning, maintaining a health weight, feeding picky eaters, caring for a new baby, and shopping on a budget
WIC benefits are available to pregnant women before they see their obstetrician and for up to six months postpartum for women who have miscarried.
View the WIC income guidelines.